Monday, March 10, 2014

Adjustments II

Three or four years ago, I got three new pairs of cords (actually new, not just new to me). They have not only lost a lot of their fuzz by now, but two of the three pairs are developing holes. I'd been thinking it might be time to get rid of them soon, but then I remembered the tin full of safety pins I have sitting around (and that I enjoy garments riddled with safety pins but haven't worn them as much as I used to.) Awkward vertical knee hole fixed.

As for the holes in the inner upper thighs, I'm thinking I'll patch them from the inside in contrasting denim (I've been planning to find a used pair of jeans to cut up into fabric for patches anyway) so I'll have the coverage a pair of pants should while still showing the pretty fraying threads.

Since the last adjustments post, I've also been planning on patching up my black back pack with the gross logos on it and the oversized blue-and-white striped shirt that was originally part of my Misa cosplay, but right now any money I can save is going toward my Mello cosplay so I can have it ready for con season (which starts with Anime Detour for me >__>). Once I can afford it, I plan to buy/make a bunch of patches. I still need to buy materials for the ones I plan to make, but I've located a couple pictures online to make stencils out of, at least (the wings/heart logo from Elisabeth promo stuff and the Decemberunderground circle of rabbits.)

No comments:

Post a Comment